To start my round-up of the year (while I try to decide my favourite albums & gigs), I thought I’d post a list of all the gigs I’ve been to and bands I’ve seen this year. Each gig is listed, including supports (only the ones I saw though, if I missed any), and each day at festivals is broken out, again with the bands I saw. Of course, I didn’t see the full set for each and every one of these listed, but probably the majority, and at festivals bands are only listed if I saw a good 10-15 mins of their set as a minimum.
Anyway, enough about the hows and whys, here’s the list! I will shortly be selecting my favourites and writing a bit about them. In the meantime take a look, and by all means let me know if you were at any and have fond memories of them!
- 03/01/09 – Plugs (Astoria 2)
- 14/01/09 – Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, Trail Of Dead, Mark Greaney (JJ72), Frank Turner, King Blues, Helsinki (Astoria)
- 19/01/09 – Duke Special, Paul Pilot, Dan Michaelson and the Coastguards (Proud Gallery)
- 01/02/09 – Esser, Speech Debelle (Northampton Square)
- 06/02/09 – Whole Lotta Led (Islington Academy)
- 13/02/09 – Mystery Jets, Little Boots, Amazing Baby (Shepherd’s Bush Empire)
- 15/02/09 – I Am Kloot (Manchester Club Academy)
- 16/02/09 – Secret Machines, The Big Pink (Islington Academy)
- 17/02/09 – Blindfold, Revere, Magic & Fur, Morrison Steam Fayre (Bush Hall)
- 28/02/09 – Elbow, The Acorn (Brighton Dome) Continue reading